Monday, November 11, 2019

Creating Your Own Calendars

This is just the way I do it; there are zillions of ways!! This is for YOU, remember!

More details on my own calendar notebookS (please note I myself need 4 thick ones, as noted and pictured below):
  • With a page per day in a looseleaf notebook it's easy to tuck in practical reminders (like when bills are due) with the appropriate dates.
  • It's also earth-friendly, since I use the notebook year after year.
  • My notebooks are 8.5x11 3-hole type. This size is generous, and often inexpensive in the USA because it's what kids often use in school. I'd hope the rest of the world would have something similar say in A4 size.
  • I've actually found I need 4 thick notebooks, 1 for each season I feel I have in my part of the world (autumn, winter, spring, summer). I prefer a notebook with clear plastic on top and the sides where you can insert a cover and a spine title etc. I get different colors or use differently designed covers and spines so it's easy to tell which is which on a shelf or desk.
  • Speaking of seasons, I insert special seasonal ideas and pretty seasonal artwork I've found (not pretty enough actually to frame and hang, though) at the beginning of each season…
  • The most I've spent was well worth it – a well-made hole puncher for the size of my notebook. It makes any paper (as long as it's somewhat the right size) useable for the notebook.
  • I tuck in hole-punched folders and pockets, paper protectors, etc. to insert things like ideas for how to celebrate my biggest holidays.
  • To keep track of where I am, because I don't always keep the notebook open, I take scrap cardstock and hole-punch it so it will be a bit above the rest of the pages, to use as bookmarks. I make the same to keep track of where the next, say, bill reminder page is located, or the next Really Big-to-Me Holiday is...
a sample page:


(more details later on the cards here, but I wanted you to see the 3-ring thick notebooks to explain better what I mean; 1 is open, there are 3 more in the back left...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I'd love to hear your own ideas for your own holidays and own calendars!