Monday, November 11, 2019

Creating Your Own Holidays

Your calendar can be as unique as you are – for example, you can make up your own names for days of the week, you can have say a 3-day week rather than a 7 (though you'll have to keep track of "normal" days for a job or school etc), you can celebrate your own holidays, etc....Two things that have really changed my life for the better are creating and celebrating my own holidays, and keeping track of them in a looseleaf notebook with 1 page per day. I feel much more free and myself!

More details on my own holidays:
I've chosen my holidays in many ways, and am always tweaking. Here are my most common holidays:
a.    the birthdays of my favorite people including favorite authors and musicians
b.   some important-to-me anniversaries, including the anniversary of when humans moved into the International Space Station, when I first discovered a super favorite artist, etc.
c.    food holidays according to "International/National Day of" lists, though they tend to differ according to who's advertising etc! But hey if I love chocolate (yes I do) I'll celebrate a chocolate holiday no matter who made it up!

Sometimes there are many similar holidays at least almost in a row, so I have things like "A Summer Celebration of Health" for "healthy" holidays close together. I'll make a special page for this as a reminder and of course just for fun.

I have a page here of my holidays, but PLEASE the whole idea is to choose your own, so subtract and add to your heart's content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I'd love to hear your own ideas for your own holidays and own calendars!