Monday, November 9, 2020

Another idea: Zillions of seasons

I'm probably the last person on the planet to hear of the lovely idea of 72 or so microseasons a year! It seems to be from China then Japan. A lot has to do with a beautiful appreciation of the nuances of nature through the year. There are some lovely writings and artwork about this; you could search for microseasons china japan for examples.

...But of course I would love zillions of microseasons to do with my holidays, not only because I love my holidays but because I live in one of those places where people say "You don't like the weather we're having? Wait 15 minutes, it'll change" so microseasons defined in advance would tend to be rarely anything but misleading.

......As an example of a possible microseason to do with holidays, right now I'm in the middle of a two-day celebration of reason (very appropriate given the delivery from oppression and from rejection of science in my country recently) -- that could also be a microseason to do with reason....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I'd love to hear your own ideas for your own holidays and own calendars!